*IMPORTANT NOTE*

You cannot have your cat suspect what Lightenedcall is up to. Only Fellstar, Wandernight and their kits know her true nature, or her plan. All other cats may not be fond of her, but they cannot suspect that she is crazy, or framing Wandernight, or be worried about her sanity, all they think is that she is grieving for her lost kit, and that she is just another clanmate, nothing to be worried about.

Please do not make your cat assume otherwise, I know it is hard not to, but it is extremely important to the storyline, Thank-you
~-~Em~-~

Also, all comments that are like this ^^ shall be deleted.
:~~Dream:



Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Whispers

Ebonywave felt the breeze brush against her fur. She lifted her head and immediately knew someone was standing over her. She shrunk back, memories of Shewfang washing over her. But then, the voice she heard was cold and filled with anger and sorrow.

"Ebonywave. What do you want?"

Ebonywave coughed and her eyes widened. Her heart seemed to beat faster.

"F-finnick!"

She stood up on shaky legs and went to press her cheek against his. He took a step back though, distancing them.

"I ask again, what do you want?"

Her eyes showed pain.

"Finnick... what's wrong?"

He shook his head.

"You didn't show up that one night. I waited every night for a moon. I finally decided to look into your camp to make sure you were alright. I was in the trees, and I saw you. You were laying beside another tom, and you were sharing tongues."

Ebonywave looked horrified.

"No! That was nothing! Let me explain!"

Finnick shook his head.

"There's nothing to explain. You've been lying to me. I saw you two get up and pad to a den with your tails twined together. Don't tell me that's nothing!"

 Finnick's voice was laced with a snarl. Ebonywave hung her head.

"I'm expecting kits Finnick."

He narrowed his eyes and let out a low growl and turned around and started to pad away. She spoke again.

"They're not his."

Finnick stopped in his tracks, and Ebonywave continued.

"He forced me to be his mate. I-i.... He hurt me Finnick. He hit me, and used his claws on me. I was so scared... so frightened. I could never get away from his side. He threatened to kill me. And he just tried to when he learned I was expecting your kits. I jumped into the river to escape. Then, you found me."

She walked slowly forward until she was standing next to Finnick.

"It was meant to be. We were meant to be! We can leave now too. Two cats are trying to kill me now. I'm not safe there. And anyways, I only want to be with you. You're the one who pulled me through those few moons. I thought I was going to die, but you kept me strong. I kept hoping I'd find my way back to you. Now, I did."

Finnick looked at Ebonywave.

"I-i thought you left me. I was so scared. So hurt."

She licked his ear.

"I was too. Let's go now."

Finnick nodded.

"They'll be beautiful. Just like you."

He nosed her belly softly and she felt her ears get hot, and she leaped away.

"Come on. I'll race you."

Finnick laughed lightly.

"To where?"

She padded back to Finnick until they were face to face. Ebonywave whispered quietly.

"To anywhere."

Then she sprang away and ran as fast as her crippled state would let her. They ran away from JayClan and Finnick's group, and the opposite way of Ivoryflame. Finnick followed after her, keeping in pace. The night was starting to come, and the stars soon came out.

You and I ignite like all the stars are in between us
And even though I've run into you
In my life I've yet to see


Ebonywave slowed down slightly. She sit down, breathing hard. He nuzzled her slightly.


"Sorry, I forgot."

She purred and licked him between the ears.

Further than I've ever gone I'm feeling something real
And there's no one else who takes your place
The pull of something real


Finnick looked back.

"It's all gone now. I can't even see the JayClan forest. You sure you want this?"

He looked back to Ebonywave and gasped as she pushed him over. He stared into her face as she stood over him.

"More than anything."

She lied down next to him and he pressed his nose into her shoulder. Finnick looked over her body. Ebonywave's black and white pelt was smooth and soft, but beneath it held scars and bruises, and stories. Around them lay a small field, and further ahead was a forest. The night sky was dark except for the stars that made the white snow seem so much brighter.

"Come on. Just a little farther. I know you're tired, but we can't stay in the open."

She struggled to her feet, and he watched her carefully. Finnick stared in sorrow at her crippled, back leg that restricted her so much. Finnick let Ebonywave lean on him and they slowly made their way to the forest.

So I'll fly over endless skies
Fly until the end of time
Because I don't want you to be let down at all you see
I just wanna have you whisper into me


 He stopped when they found a little hollow.

"Here. I'll catch us some prey. Extra for you."

She lay down heavily and he noticed her stomach slightly bulging out. Then he padded back into the forest, his ears pinned back.

You and I ignite like all the stars are in between us
And even though I've run into you
In my life I've yet to see


He quickly came back with plenty of prey. He set some down beside Ebonywave and she ate it ravenously. He ate his prey more slowly, studying her once again. He never got tired of looking at her. Finnick got up and curled around her, licking her head gently.

Further than I've ever gone I'm feeling something real
And there's no one else who takes your place
The pull of something real


Ebonywave yawned.

"I love you."

Finnick felt her purring and smiled.

"I love you too. I thought you were gone forever."

Ebonywave smiled slightly.

"Now you know how I felt when you left."

He laughed, and licked her again.

So I'll fly over endless skies
Fly until the end of time
Because I don't want you to be let down at all you see
I just wanna have you whisper

Into me

Into me
Into me


"Well, we found each other again. It's destiny, not even the stars can hold us apart."

Ebonywave nodded drowsily.

"Get some sleep now. You need it. So do our kits."

He whispered quietly the last sentence and Ebonywave breathed out deeply, and she drifted into sleep.

I'm finding my way, finding my way
Finding my way back to you
I'm finding my way, finding my way
Finding my way back to you


Because I don't want you to be let down at all you see
I just wanna have you whisper

I'm finding my way, finding my way

Finding my way back to you
I'm finding my way, finding my way
Finding my way back to you


He then closed his eyes, and fell asleep with his heart beating with Ebonywave's.

::---::

It was close to half a moon later, and Ebonywave would be kitting any day now. Her stomach was now round under her, as she had gained her weight back. She groaned.

"I feel like I get bigger everyday."

Finnick smiled slyly. 

"Well your kits are coming any day. Are you sure you're ready? Do we need any herbs?"

She shook her head.

"I think we have everything. I'll be fine Finnick. Really."

She purred and heaved herself up. Finnick leaped forward.

"Here, let me help."

Ebonywave glared at him.

"I can get myself up, thanks."

He stood anxiously to the side as she tottered to the edge of the hollow they had stayed in that first night. Finnick padded up beside Ebonywave. 

"You okay?"

She looked away and shook her head.

"Before we left, Leafdew said since I was smaller... it may cause problems. I try not to show it, but... I'm scared."

Finnick's ears flicked backward.

"You're gonna be great. Everything will be."

Ebonywave nodded than stood still. She had this weird feeling and it was as if she could feel the breeze of a meadow blow across her. She saw glimpses of red and gasped.

"F-finnick. I think we have to go back."

Pain flashed across his eyes.

"What do you mean?"

She shook slightly.

"I think Ivoryflame is in danger. We have to go back!"

He looked away.

"But what about us? This is our home. What about Lightenedcall and Shrewfang? What about the clan? If they find you, they won't let you leave this close to kitting! You can barely even walk!"
She closed her eyes.

"I have to go. Please Finnick. She's my sister."
Finnick searched for the right words, but found none.

"I'm not leaving your side no matter what. I can't lose you. Not again."

His voice expressed his pain and Ebonywave nodded, burying her head into his chest. Then she limped slowly out of the small forest, her belly swaying. Finnick looked back, then caught up to Ebonywave, letting her lean on him. 

As soon as they were back in the JayClan forest, Ebonywave padded silently through. Finnick then saw a flash of silver, and Ebonywave scented a faded, familiar scent.

"Ivoryflame!"

Song is Whispers by New Heights

No comments: